Monday, December 20, 2010

Thanksgiving update

The turkey was done on the early side. I freaked, but everything was delicious. Knowing I was planning my meal around a 2 year I didn't expect him to try everything. That would be asking a lot. I just didn't plan for him to only eat chocolate cake for the entire day. The bright side was that he really liked the cake and I gave him a piece every night for a week! The only thing I will try differently is the gravy. It was fine, but a little too salty and I had followed the process of Alton Brown and added wine (something I don't normally do). My gravy doesn't need it and next year I will pass.

My mashed potatoes with soy milk and margarine need some help and will have to be tested before next year.

Anyway it was a success and I look forward to many more Thanksgivings.

No comments:

Post a Comment