Monday, December 20, 2010

Leftovers

I had big plans to make a turkey soup with the bones and meat Thanksgiving night. I didn't plan on getting home the previous night at 1am. My sone waking up at 230am. And getting about 4 hours sleep. The bones went in the trash and I came up with a better idea. This was lunch on Friday when my son was sleeping, hence the cheese.

Turkey Quesadillas

leftover turkey meat
shredded cheese, I use the Mexican blend
1 thinly sliced onion
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 avocados, chopped
1 jar of favorite salsa, we love the Whole Foods 365 brand
4 whole wheat low carb wraps, found in the taco section of store
olive oil for heating the pan

I first sauteed the onion and pepper until slightly carmelized. Then set aside. I used the microwave to warm up the turkey meat.

Any fry pan will do, but I put our grill pan on medium heat and drizzled the oil to coat. Take 1 wheat wrap and spread out the warmed turkey meat, vegetable mixture and cheese on top. Place another wheat wrap on top. Repeat. Carefully put quesadilla in pan. Turn over when you can see some color on the wrap. If you want to turn the stove to low you can place another pan over the quesadilla to help cook though it won't be as crispy on the edges.

Serve with avocadoes and salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment